17-18 November 2021 in Mülheim an der Ruhr and Online-Conference
“From Research into Practice: Pollutants, Pathogens and Antimicrobial Resistances in the Water Cycle” is the overarching motto of this transfer-oriented Water JPI conference. It greatly underpins the “Aquatic Pollutants”-project and the manifold ongoing endeavours of the Water JPI in this research area.
The 3rd Water JPI Conference in Mülheim shall not only mobilise European and international water experts and researchers but also increase the participation of European institutions in activities of the Water JPI and the entire European Research Area. For this reason, the conference strives for involving representatives of the German Government as well as policy representatives from other countries and the European Commission. Furthermore, companies, associations, institutions, municipalities, utilities and individual experts interested in these topics are highly welcome.
A European-wide competition called “Junior Water Jump” entitled „Digital Solutions for the Control of Pollutants, Pathogens and Antimicrobial Resistances in the Water Cycle“ will be hosted in the context of the conference. The initial start of the Junior Water Jump is scheduled for Spring 2021. The winners will be presented at the 3rd Water JPI Conference. Therefore, start-up companies and entrepreneurs will be invited to present their solutions to overcome these challenges in the European and Global water cycle.
The 3rd Water JPI Conference will collaborate with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). As the world’s largest funding organization of its kind it promotes international scholarships, cooperation and university partnerships. Scholars of BMBF´s international programme “Sustainable Water Management” will contribute and execute their Alumni-Meeting at the 16th November 2021 prior to the conference.
Participants can expect to:
- hear about Water JPI activities, projects, achievements and further planned measures in the field of water pollution and appropriate digital solutions, as well as learn about its cooperation with the JPI Oceans and the JPI AMR (antimicrobial resistances)
- link national and European water research
- support the transfer of knowledge and best practices to national and European policy makers
- learn about new technologies, innovations and projects of young start-up companies
- connect and network with SMEs, DAAD alumni, utilities and associations of the water sector
- showcase their work at an exhibition for their better visibility.
We are happy to welcome you to the 3rd Water JPI Conference in Mülheim an der Ruhr and Online!
For updates or newsletter subscription visit: waterjpi-conference-muelheim.com
Registration will open soon!
If you have any further questions, please contact our event management.
IWW Water Centre
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +49 (0)208 40303-378
Address: Moritzstr. 26, 45476 Muelheim an der Ruhr, Germany